Caramel Apple Pecan Dump Cake
May 27, 2021
The following recipe and content was written by Alli Doubek and found on www.dancingthroughtherain.com.
Some of the best desserts are ones that you can throw together and put in the oven before a gathering, and that is the case with my Caramel Apple Pecan Dump Cake! With creamy caramel, rich apple filling, and crunchy pecans, this is going to be a hit!
My Caramel Apple Pecan Dump Cake is something that you can use to teach the kids to bake. With pretty basic instructions, you’ll be mixing some spices into the apples, adding some caramel and creating the topping. Then into the oven it goes! Just enough steps to show everyone how things are done, but not enough that they will feel overwhelmed.
2 cans apple pie filling 21 oz
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 cup salted caramel (or plain caramel) topping
1 box spice cake mix 15.25 oz
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup York Pecans, Jr Mammoth Halves
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the apple filling, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Gently stir a few times to mix.
- Add the caramel sauce and stir to combine. Pour your mixture into the greased pan and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix on top of the caramel apples mixture.
- Pour the melted butter on top of the dry cake mix.
- Sprinkle the (York Pecan, Jr Mammoth Halves) pecans all over the top of the melted butter and cake mix.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the cake turns a beautiful golden brown.
- Once done, allow it to cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before serving.
- This Caramel Apple Pecan Dump Cake is best served warm with whipped cream or ice cream. Enjoy!
For the entire blog post from Alli, click here.