Pecan Pie Bars
In honor of National Pecan Pie Day, we thought we would share a delectable pecan pie bar recipe by Marion
HOW TO MAKE PECAN PIE BARS:
Pecan Pie Bars are very easy to make. For this recipe, the size of the pan is very important! The inside dimensions of the pan need to be 10" x 15".
Pecan Pie Filling:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10" x 15" Jellyroll Pan and line with parchment paper making sure to have parchment hanging over all sides of the pan.
- In the bowl of your Food Processor combine 3 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. With the Food Processor running, feed 1 cup cold, diced butter through the tube until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan, and bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl add 4 eggs, 1 1/2 cups light corn syrup, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 3 tablespoons melted butter, 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Mix using a stand or hand mixer until smooth, then fold in 2 1/2 cups chopped pecans.
- Spread the filling evenly over the baked shortbread crust.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes in preheated oven. When done, the filling will be set nicely - no jiggles.
Cool completely. Once cooled, chill in the fridge for 30 minutes for easier slicing. Enjoy!
Picture and recipe by Life Tastes Good.